We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 10: Dream

Original artwork by Tristan Kube
From Tristan Kube:
Pry open my mind and you will find, mildew on every corner and on many a sides: dreams collecting dust and thoughts gathering rust.. And somewhere in another corner the hopeful words - “one day I shall; when the time is right”. 

If time be the mother of thieves, procrastination is the killer of dreams.

From @sharasekaram:
Living your dream is like free falling. It’s a dizzying rush, your feel drunk on power – you are defying the elements. “But WAIT!” logic screams, “Where is your safety net? What happens when you crash?” Simple. Your passion, dedication, talent and single minded belief in your ability will weave one for you along the way.

From @Mari_deSilva:
I wake up in tears. They’ve killed you! How many times I’ve begged you to be careful? To watch what you say in public? You never listened. 

“What should I do? Shut up and do nothing?” was your usual retort. 

I never had a good response. But, I do now. 

“Nobody’s invincible. Not even you.” 

From Shanz:
Thought we could make a life together, so many plans for our future. It felt so right.  You were mine and I was yours.  Looking at life through rose coloured glasses, seeing green pastures running around wild and free, until with a jolt I was suddenly woken only to find it was a dream.

From @wIkIfReAkz:
Surveillance
The revelation created a stir across the world: “The Government intercepts every inter-personal communication, on national security concerns..”
¤
Meanwhile another experiment was underway. This time, to overrule the intra-personal communications.

“A device will be fixed in every household. It will control the neural-waves of the citizens, evoking only a set of patriotic dreams..”

From Mythify:
“It can’t be,” he stammered, “You were in my dream. How can you be in the real world? This isn’t happening. You don’t exist.”

The fanged creature chuckled lazily, “You humans. Thinking of dreams as separate from the real world. Dreams are real. You dreamed me into existence. And now, you will pay the price.”

From Twitty:
Dream, dream, dream when I want you, when I need you, all I have to do is dream…… Anytime, everyday, you can be mine, anytime of the day.  But gee whiz I am dreaming my life a way.

From @shamsmakkiya:
A Human vs. Animals
Every single grain of sand blended in his sweat.
The teary bricks pronounced his name agelessly.
The rocks found in their thoracic cavities lacked dampness.
He never recognized their artful and deceitful blood.
His dreams faded along with his breath.
Patience and perseverance was all that he built for himself.

From @PennyKinned:
She woke up with a start, crying out. “It was a dream, it was a dream, it was a dream,” she recited, trying to calm herself. But it isn’t quite so easy to dissipate the monsters when you wake up in the middle of the night, alone, is it? She lay awake all night. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment