We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 12: Addiction

Original photograph by T.K.
From T.K.:
The horse was fast. Or so he thought. It was not to be today. He was supposed to get some rations for home and milk for the kid. He wiggled into his trouser pockets and dug out a mashed up fifty.. his last note. It was enough for the bread.. but.. ‘twas his lucky note.

From @sharasekaram:
You are my addiction, my cocaine, my virtue and my vice. You run through my every breath, thought and dream. Without you I shrivel, I crave, I suffer. With you, I am invincible, unconquerable, untouchable. You drive me, you push me to be the best version of myself. You are my addiction.

From @bhagsy:
I was intoxicated by what we shared, sitting all day I would do nothing but think of him; drink in his features, his walk and his movements or sit gaze into those deep black eyes all day, knowing they saw right through me. I was addicted. Addicted to this man for all we had, and didn't.

From Mythify:
“I’m so totally addicted to you,” says the teenage girl, adoringly looking up at her lover, this older, married, fabulous man. A more discerning observer may have trembled at the menacing quality of his smile. This addiction would cost her dear – it would spell chains, basements, knives and, above all, pain. Mind-numbing, reality-bending pain.

From @shamsmakkiya:
A COMEUPPANCE.

Young children went missing frequently.
Later they were called juvenile delinquents.
None knew about the criminal behind their evil addictions.
One fine day, everything came to light.
The mob chased after him.
The paedophile was chopped to pieces.
Mob justice was implemented.

From Priyanthie de Silva:
It was by accident, that she found out her father's addiction. Her 'Dad' whom she adored, was a monster.

He returned home each evening, to  ' family-time'. On weekends, he would wheedle from her mother money to treat "the boys". She never objected. 

She heard her class-mates discuss the 'goody two shoes' whose father was a rake!

From @Mari_deSilva:
Longs talks looking out into the sea, faithful promises to “do the right thing”, self reflective emails, daily calls willing each other to “walk away...” But, nothing could keep them apart. They couldn’t get enough of each other. Junkies Forever they wanted tattooed on their fingers instead of rings. Wonder what became of them?

From @wIkIfReAKZ:
'Doosra'

"Doc, I've written a poem..
'My nicest scenery;
My softest melody;
My finest fragrance;
My sweetest flavour;
My highest ecstasy..
-Me!'
You like it..?"
He hugged the handcuffed 'him'.
 "No.. Don't.."
---
He smiled; dressed up and threw a flying kiss.
---
Dr.Aaron's addiction, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, backfired on him..
"I shouldn't have cloned myself.."

From Tristan Kube:

“I’m convinced now, that the one thing that can make an addiction go away is yet another”. He says pulling out a tiny photograph of his three year old daughter from his wallet. He’s been clean two years since his girlfriend OD’d. Now little Suzie’s his addiction; hence he calls her his Cocaine. Some disapprove.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love the fact that the stories are all eclectic....each writer has a diferent mindset....some stories were really amazing.... I am sorry I still haven't contributed one. But I would soon do so.
    Don't worry, I am keeping an eye. I stalk writers :P

    ReplyDelete