We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Monday, April 8, 2013

55-Word Story Contest: Winners!!!

Thank you guys for all the super entries and the enthusiastic voting! It was an unbelievably close contest :)

Aaaaaand the first prize goes to the 55-word masterpiece by.....[drumroll].....@Rabdizz!



For second place, we have a tie between three awesome stories: @gehan99 , @gajenmahen and @wIkIfReAkz !



Here are the winning entries once again:


From @Rabdizz:
Diplomatic /dɪpləˈmatɪk/ 
adj.
1. Of, relating to, involving, diplomacy or diplomats. 
2. Using or marked by tact and sensitivity in dealing with others.

Like father, like daughter - they say. Born in to it. Corps diplomatique. But they’ll never know I learnt it all at my mother’s skirt, keeping fists from reaching her face.

From @gehan99:
She traipsed out of the changing room and eagerly asked me, “Do I look sexy?”

I looked at her and said with all the love I could muster, “No.”

Stooping down, I gathered my surprised little 8 year old in my arms and said, “Not sexy, but beautiful, princess.”

No point being diplomatic about that.

From @gajenmahen:
“Bala, sending two of my chaps with kokkis. Amma says you like them.”
“Ok machang. I’ll let the boys know”.
“Have you any of the mangoes left?”

A diplomatic coup.

One was a Captain of the Sinha regiment and the other, a rebel spokesman- both friends from school.

The occasion? Sinhala- Tamil New Year, Jaffna,1986.

From @wikifreakz:
Mankind's first diplomatic visit to Delta. I felt goosebumps..
"Reporting from Delta.. Over!"
*
It's an honour to dine with Emperor Devgn IV. I'd read once:
'Deltans [déltünz], inhabitants of planet Delta', known for neutrium
fuel resources and 'Kandor' festival held every summer..'
*
'It's party time baby,' checked the menu:
'Kbat,
Tyal,
Kasipz,
Dessert: Diplomat..'
"Oh!"



Note: We'll be back with a new word tomorrow (April 9)! Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. 2 of my favs Rabdizz and Gajen have won! Yay! Look fwd to the new word tmrw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good... but really I liked @wikifreakz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your votes and comments, guys! Keep writing and enjoying the vignettes :)

    ReplyDelete