We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Friday, April 26, 2013

April 25: Loss

From @Vindic8d:
I dip my toes in the water warmed by the sun and stained with loss. I have not seen this ocean in years; its deceptive emerald and blue tenderness, a tropical postcard memory to those who befriend its gently rising folds. They could not know what I had seen. They are untouched by its sins.

From @Chamfy:
I found out suddenly and without warning (over dinner out, ironically). And just like that, the last vestige of my childhood -of Highland yoghurt, Sunday markets and stories of travelling hat peddlers with monkey issues – vanished.

A parking lot might have been better. But they paved paradise and put up a KFC.

From @shamsmakkiya:
A confrontation with his conscience.

He: Yes, I was true!
His conscience: No, you weren't!
He: How dare you call me a deceiver!?
His conscience: Because I am the mother of truth.
He: You never can persuade me to abase myself!
His conscience: Indeed, you are in loss!

He relapsed into eternal agony.

From @sharasekaram:
He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. All he could see was her face, her smile, her wide open eyes with endless depths.

They say you have to lose something to know what you had to begin with. But what happens when you always knew – you just lost it because you were afraid?

From @cernoblog:
The long ops room nights. Heart stopping strafing runs over tree tops. Finally, the victory fly past. All reduced to "the war years". Now: annual formation day parades, seminars, hero worshiping trainees, inter-services badminton tournaments. Surviving makes victory sweeter. Yet: this secret weight of loss, memories and youth when engines roars down the runway.

From @gajenmahen:
The gentle fingers, tantalizing touches, impish eyes.
Oh, the eyes!
A goddess. Blinding ecstasy.
The yearning- physical pain at times.
Years after the death, how her trails burn him now.

From Saumya Fernando:
Holding hands and looking into the mirror, the sweet memory of their first night when they stood like this together, flashed back into their minds for a second. But neither said a word. They saw the wrinkles, the tiredness, the hair loss, the sagging skin. Enriching each other’s lives, they have gradually aged. No regrets.

From @wikifreakz:
THE LOSS: WORLD!

"Genia.. I'll be a little late today.. Spellcheck the blueprint till I come.."
"Okay Sir," hung up,
"Yessss!!!" yelled she.

Genia alias Dananjina, the curious young assistant of Prof. Wickramapala was excited..

She got in the TimeTaxi™; dialled randomly:
'2 0 5 8 AD'.

'Beeeeeeeeep,'
The monitor showed:
'Error 404: Not found!'

From @Revoulter:
Run! The only word remains in my head. It couldn’t be happening to me, as long as I run; I survive.

Lost in this city; only one survivor, me.  The computer virus ‘INFECTED’ nearly destroyed everything Wi-Fi, which means everyone.

My only hope is… the forest!

Run! Maybe in a century I may get there.

From @bhagsy:
She's scared to tell him that she's in love with him. Not only because the rejection will be hard to bear, but because his friendship means a lot to him. Kishali knew she'd be at a loss without his guidance.

From @lnduNan:
At a loss for words

In the hands that stripped me
The violence unspeakable 
Spread out before me
Smeared over my face
When what I really want to do is
Scream...

At a loss for words

Losing my soul
Losing my bearing 
Will I have the strength
Will I find my voice
Again?

From @PennyKinned:
He fell in love with her – deeply and without reservation. Which is why, when she broke his heart, it shattered completely. There was no going back, no escape, no redemption.

“Why?” he asked, hopelessly.

“You said you wanted to be a writer,” she replied with a sad smile. “But you had never lost anything.”


From @Mari_desilva:
I've known him all my life. Been through thick and thin together. He introduced me to my first joint. I “warded off” all his crazy ex’s. Ever ready with a wise crack – you couldn’t help but laugh. But we never called each other and rarely met. Now he’s going away and with him an era...

No comments:

Post a Comment