We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 26: Rain

Photograph by @Hayahz
From @Hayahz:
Sounds of thunder, somewhere distant as frangipanis begin to fall.

Rain pattering against the red tiles lulling one back to sleep. 

A floating wisp of arabic musk incense reminding that all is well this morning. 

Soft chuckles as the old couple shares a joke in the kitchen. 

Scraping of coconut, waft of boiling tea.

Home.


From Priyanthie de Silva:
Running in the rain, barefoot, was one his favourite things to do. It was a common sight for the neighbours, to see the little boy, twirling & dancing to an unheard rhythm, on rainy days. It made them smile and think of their own youth, when they too expressed uninhibited joy in a similar manner.

From @rami_desh:
The Weather: Hey bro, it's going to be pretty hot today 'coz it'll be raining later.
Me: OK, I guess I can take some extra heat if it cools down later when it's raining.
The Weather: (Extreme heat for 3 hours, rains for 5 minutes). 
Me: @$!%^!@#@!!!!
The Weather: U mad, bro?

From @sharasekaram:
Gazing at the rain falling faster, she struggled to choke back a sob. She forced herself to try and count the steady drops as a distraction, when suddenly she felt her breath whoosh through her and her hands flew down. The baby had just kicked for the first time.

From @TheRoundedCube:
Rain is a blessing they said, it brings prosperity to the land.
She was drenched and cold. The roar of thunder instilling fear in her.
Where is the blessing? Where is the prosperity?
There is nothing in it for us but fear.
What makes them rich may not make us happy.
Such an unequal world.

From @chav_:
Overgrown gardens, monkey-affected television reception, forgotten birthdays and soggy chocolate cake.

Many monsoons had passed since you left home for better places, but that love you feel as the warm cuppa tea hits your lips on this rainy day was lying here waiting for you all along.


From @Poomigal:
I stare out of the window as rain drops fall; recollecting memories from  not so long ago when he and I used to cuddle and watch rain drops fall from tree tops as he whispered ‘I love you’. Life is tragically beautiful, I tell myself as I watch my baby fall asleep next to me.


From @BatmanEarth12:
I was standing under the neon street light of the gun shop when it started to rain. I stuffed my mouth with another Oreo and started munching.

Things have been going downhill since the cops raided my dealer’s house. What kind of idiot hides meth inside a cereal box anyway?

I need to find another hit fast.

From @Shi_dreams:
A crack of thunder rolled by and a flash of lightening lit up the sky, as she quickened her pace across the deserted street. She turned up her coat collar as a strong gust of wind swept her hair into her. “Met Department said ‘Rain’ today,” she muttered to herself, “Seems more like a gale.”

From @PennyKinned:
He set the table in the verandah, enjoying the rain-flecked breeze. Chicken curry, polos curry, dhal, rice, papadam – the perfect anniversary menu. He glanced at his watch impatiently – where was she?

The car skidded on the slippery road, spinning out of control. A scream and a smash. Then, nothing but the sound of falling raindrops.

From @Revoulter:
Pu-241 Rain

‘…so people are continuing protest for months, not a clear reaction by the Government. Koodangkulam will hope come to these people – more soon on Channel 07’

‘…there will be storm and heavy rain hitting south, people are advised to stay in homes’

People still protest, as the Pu-241 Rains over them.   

From @Mari_desilva:
How I long for you on a blazing day, curse you on my wedding day, dance for you at harvest time, yearn for you in the desert and weep at the havoc you often wreak.

From @Poomigal:
Inside a restroom, weeping I reminisce the memories we shared. ‘I miss you, please come back darling. I can’t afford to lose you now’ I murmur, hoping he would hear. ‘Long Distance, how could you be so cruel?’ I whisper again. Puzzled, I suddenly open my eyes to see darkness, the darkness which he left behind.

From @shamsmakkiya:
The entire surrounding mourned in solemnity. The picturesque landscape appeared pale and withered. The endless vista of the dying beauty brought tears to the floating eyes. Cascaded the ivory pearls as rain. The freshly drenched cells at large danced in ecstasy.

From @wikifreakz:
H2O

"This is one of the primitive planets of the Sol galaxy," explained General Upalist.

"Unlike our Alpha Centauri Bb's 1200°C, here the temperature is much colder, roughly 16°C..," he added.

"I wish if we could build our space station in here. But unfortunately, we can't make it due to the poisonous Dihydrogen Monoxide rain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment