We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 23-24: Fury

From @sharasekaram:
“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”. When you break her heart and you think you have taken every part of her and walked away – that is when she becomes her most dangerous. Like a phoenix she will rise from the ashes – beautiful, furious and seeking revenge. This time she has nothing to lose.

From @Mari_deSilva:
Beating their breasts, whilst frenziedly breaking coconuts outside the Kovil, I realized the fury in a mother’s pain. Hearing Nimalaruban’s mother’s lament, I realized the despair in a mother’s pain.  A mother setting aside a plate of rice for her son who’s been MIA for 6 years, I realized the anguish in a mother’s pain.

From @shamsmakkiya:
1998
"I got through my exams dad."
Dad: *Smiled*

2000
"I have been selected for the university dad."
Dad: *Tears of joy rolled down his cheeks*

Dad returns from abroad after six years.

"I lied you dad." *In hallucination*
Dad: *Disappointment and fury blanketed his soul*

2002-2013
The physically weakened dad got addicted to anti-depressants.

From Tristan Kube:
He said it again.. this time even louder. I was only ten.. just a week gone since I’d seen my mother buried. To him it was just a habitual slur, not one directed to mortar down my heart. But it was too late, a blind fury had already risen from the soles of my feet..

From @PaviliciousK:
People scurry for shelter. Mother Earth raises her voice.

I raise my arms to her beautiful destruction.She humbles me; drags me to my knees; exemplifies my insignificance. I dare not have pride, arrogance.

Shower me with humility and humble me with this show of power­ the ocean, winds and skies all exploding at once.

From Shemali (theshadowseeker):
The injustice cut like a serrated blade that tore the skin leaving jagged edges. No one had the right to take her child away from her. Not even her own mother. Sixteen. Too young, they had insisted. The tears had long dried,  replaced by this cold seething internal vial of fury.

From @wikifreakz:
He forgot their wedding anniversary.
The entire evening was full of thorny remarks.
He flew into a fury.
'What the hell..,' slapped her.
She burst into tears.

Happiness gone miles away.
*
After two days of ceasefire, he received the pregnancy test results:
'POSITIVE!'

No words spoken.. Hugged her solemnly..

Now happiness seems a smile away!

From chAMP:
Innocent they seem downed in pearly whites,
Innocent they are doing the deeds of good for now
The look in the eye
The smile in the face
Taking one more step ahead
Do more good. See that, stabbing the back..
Smile more wide and hear the cry
Heart oh heart burns…. Fury Blasphemy this is!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment