We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

May 3: Birth & Death

From @AntonyCF_:
“In one’s death, we will find end, in another’s birth we will find salvation” the words kept echoing louder and louder in mind, he couldn’t shake out of that. With a sudden jerk, he woke from the bed, next to his eternally loving wife pregnant with their 2nd son, and his 1st born son.

From @rami_desh:
At first there was a single cell, but not for long.

The cell grew, and soon there were two. A multitude of cells blossomed, growing, ever changing, intricate tapestries being formed and reformed in a rainbow of prismatic colours.

And then they were gone.

The birth and death of our world personified within an instant.

From @Shi_dreams:
Tense, he paced up and down the hallway, throwing anxious glances at the adjoining room’s closed doors. His mother and father both died tragically in this house and now something monumental was about to take place.

Suddenly the piercing cry of a child interrupted his thoughts.

Martha opened the doors, and smiled, “It’s a girl!”

From @huz152:
"Where were you when I was born"? 
"Why didn't you cradle me to sleep when I was crying?"
"Why didn't you hold me when I was falling?"
"Why didn't you stop me when I took that first sip?"

Now it's too late, here I am lying on my death bed, the doctors say its cirrhosis of the liver, but I know the reason is you.

From @shamsmakkiya:
In the God's acre.

Some souls weep.
Some souls smile.

Departure is nothing but a door in between two births.

From @cernoblog:
The stuffed whole lambs arrived on a bed of fragrant Buriyani, blanketed in gravy. Around the table mouths watered. As the hostess carved, he said "this is a rare moment when birth and death served close together brings joy to so many".

Later, when music started and the orgy began, everyone ignored him.

From @BatmanEarth12:
Vigilante serial killer at night and loving husband and father during the day. I take away life and I also help create it. Isn't this what god does? Control birth and death? 

Well the 'taking away' life part is a bit different, I kill my victims by strapping them to a pool table and stabbing them using a 8 inch chefs knife. 

Inspired by Dexter

From @sharasekaram:
He started at the keyboard in silence. His fingers ached to reach out and begin hearing the tap-tap as the words were typed on the page, and slowly unfurled themselves into sentences heavy with feelings and dreams. But he was afraid to begin – after all the birth of one dream is the death of another.

From Raisa:
I did not mean for my coming to cause you so much pain. I am not indifferent to your screams- it is why I came into the world shouting, echoing you.

You are so silent now, your skin wax-cold. I will wait for you to turn your head and acknowledge my presence. I am waiting.

From Tristan Kube:
Born into the slaughter we now march towards our death. One day we will not be remembered - one day we will forget.

From @Mari_desilva:
My heart bleeds for you, unborn child, for you will inherit this “bloody” soil, this inconsolable grief and this irreconcilable conflict. But I weep most for you will inherit my stupefying silence and my unpardonable apathy. When I’m gone, I’d like to think your inheritance could be richer. How I fear for you, unborn child…

From @PennyKinned:
Tear-stricken faces looked down at him; affectionate hands clasped his arms; voices chanted prayers for his soul. Shuddering, he drew his last, laborious breath in this world.

Delighted faces looked down at him; careful hands rubbed his spine; voices exclaimed in joy at his existence. Coughing, he drew his first, easy breath in this world.

From @wikifreakz: 
ABSTRACT, YET CONCRETE!

The race
STARTed.

He dreamed:
'$$$.'

¤

WiLd hORsE

"mhhihihim!"

jumped
###
over
###
the
###
hurdles

¤

FINISHed
the race..
&
also
the Master! .

¤
...
...
You can't tame
the animal
which still has
the nostalgia
of its birthplace,
i.e., the FOREST!

No comments:

Post a Comment