We now accept original photographs from writers to accompany their vignettes.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 29: Eighteen

From @jonnyjujubes:
Goodbye (Eighteen)

Eighteen ‘til I die they said
At Eighteen I did cry
Eighteen, you’re a man they said
I have yet to wonder why
Eighteen, your life ahead
Oh what a life have I
Eighteen, maybe I have lived
I guess it is my time
Eighteen, too young some said
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

From @sharasekaram:
Eighteen days. Just over 2 weeks. It can seem like forever when you are waiting for the rest of your life to begin. In eighteen days you will don the white dress, hide your face with the veil, and walk up the aisle. And from that day life will change – and the future will begin.

From @bhagsy:
I only had to sit for 10 minutes longer. But I could barely contain my excitement and kept looking at the clock. It would strike eighteen hundred hours soon! I was going to see my man after ages and I just could not wait! The only thing I could do was to wish that the time went faster.

From Priyanthie de Silva:
Eighteen holes of golf was what he played daily. It was a 'must' for him.His brother said that it must be to escape from his wife! Could it be true? After all his wife was known to be 'perfect' amongst the family circles. Strange how even perfection could have flaws, for some.

From @shamsmakkiya:
Plight of a cloned man from the long-term preserved 18th century gene.

"The only time I envy you people is when I look at those square shaped device that each one of you carry in your hands. If only I had it then, I wouldn't have lost my sweetheart." *Weeps*

From @atticus900:
I remember when eighteen
was an impossibility
when life was circumscribed
by a dusty playground
forty one kids
in a classroom
and a ride home
in our old Peugeot 404.

From @Mari_deSilva:
All throughout her childhood she was told, “you can, once you’re 18.” So she ploughed through her adolescence, endured her teens and finally made it. She turned 18. Now 60, she looks back remorsefully at the childhood she raced through, desperate for just one memory of her youth to cling to. But there were none.

From @Shi_dreams:
Bryan Adams’ classic song, “Eighteen til I die”, played on loop on his iPod as he walked to school. He was about to turn eighteen and graduate high school. All his friends were gearing up for college, but he did not have the luxury for such plans. He had his siblings to provide for.

From @hayahz:
The year has 18 months
1 month of sanity and 8 months of vanity
6 months of retroaction and 2 months of retrospection
And 1 month of pondering why we all exist.
That is, in a world that has 18 months.
Earth has 12 months, minus the retroaction.
Thus most things done has dire consequences.  

From Saumya Fernando:
Eighteen Eighteen year olds stood in rows of eight holding tiny tins that contained eatables of all sorts, eight in a tin which they ate in bliss.

From @wikifreakz:
Amen -18: An Epic!

'Yea (161), Nay (17)'
The controversial testament had been amended..

"The removal of the ‘two- term’ barrier enhances the supremacy of
demo..-," Lucifer continued his impromptu.

'HE smiled cheerfully. The tenure is secured. No more tug-o-war whatsoever.

N.B:- The readers are advised to read the remaining chapters in the newspapers..

From @PennyKinned:
“Are you sure?”
“It has to be this week, bro. You know that. After Sunday, we’ll be tried as adults.”
“She is something, isn’t she?”
“Let’s find out. Here’s to an early eighteenth birthday celebration, bro.”

The twins slid sharp knives out of their pockets and started walking towards the rear window of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment